LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
PRESS RELEASE: For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org (262)-248-8391.
The property was a very hilly area full of large oak trees. The village Board bought Oatman’s property as the site for a new cemetery. The nationally known landscape architect H.W.S. Cleveland was hired to design the new cemetery. The Sturges family from Chicago, who owned “Snug Harbor” estate on the shore of Geneva Lake, provided the funds to pay H.W.S. Cleveland for designing the new cemetery. During the first decades after the Oak Hill Cemetery opened in 1880 many well-to-do summer residents from Chicago who had homes on the shores of Geneva Lake were buried in the new cemetery. The graves of many individuals who had been buried in the Pioneer Cemetery (and their tombstones) were moved to Oak Hill. During the 20th and 21st centuries